Thursday, July 4, 2013

Chicago Fireworks

Building:  Downtown Chicago and Navy Pier
Location:  Chicago, IL
Time:  9:18pm
Composition:  With the photograph I wanted to get the Chicago skyline with the fireworks.  Without the fireworks, the photograph is very left heavy.  With the fireworks in the image, the photograph is more balanced and adds interest to the entire photograph, by keeping the eye moving from one side of the photograph to the other.
Process:  I combined three images together to make this panorama.  The first two images I took were of the city right before the first firework launched.  This allowed me to edit the city separately without need to photoshop out smoke from the fireworks and allowed me to properly expose the city without washing out the fireworks.  Finally, I chose the best fireworks image I took and blended it into the skyline panorama.
Meta Data:  24mm     f/4     SS: 1.6s     ISO: 100

No comments:

Post a Comment